MSKB Article 299692 - How to Upload Files to a Web Server using ASP

Brian M

Windows 2000 Server running IIS.
I followed the instructions in this article, building the COM+ component and registering it, and creating the two asp files - Upload.asp and Postfile.asp. The problem is that as soon as I submit the Upload form on the Postfile.asp page, I immediately get an "Out of Memory" error from the server. Amazingly though, the file gets uploaded intact.
Does anyone have experience using this method or have any ideas as to why I get this error?
Thanks,
Brian

Aaron Bertrand - MVP

My suggestion: spend $100 once (instead of many hours debugging and
developing) on a trusted commercial component that comes with support.

--
Aaron Bertrand
SQL Server MVP

Brian M said:
Windows 2000 Server running IIS.
I followed the instructions in this article, building the COM+ component
and registering it, and creating the two asp files - Upload.asp and
Postfile.asp. The problem is that as soon as I submit the Upload form on the
Postfile.asp page, I immediately get an "Out of Memory" error from the
server. Amazingly though, the file gets uploaded intact.

Steven Burn

I personally use ASPUpload from www.aspupload.com

--
Regards

Steven Burn
Ur I.T. Mate Group
www.it-mate.co.uk

Keeping it FREE!

Disclaimer:

Brian M said:
Windows 2000 Server running IIS.
I followed the instructions in this article, building the COM+ component
and registering it, and creating the two asp files - Upload.asp and
Postfile.asp. The problem is that as soon as I submit the Upload form on the
Postfile.asp page, I immediately get an "Out of Memory" error from the
server. Amazingly though, the file gets uploaded intact.

Guest

i also use aspupload and it works great!! and its free..

I followed the instructions in this article, building the
COM+ component and registering it, and creating the two
asp files - Upload.asp and Postfile.asp. The problem is
that as soon as I submit the Upload form on the
Postfile.asp page, I immediately get an "Out of Memory"
error from the server. Amazingly though, the file gets
uploaded intact.
Does anyone have experience using this method or have any
ideas as to why I get this error?

Vilmar Brazão de Oliveira

Hi bro Brian and everybody else,
If you don't want to use a component construct for you or buy a component of
a company, you can use FSO to do it.
Take a look in the sample bellow:
bye
http://www.hitecnet.com.br/vilmar/upload_sample.zip