    they aren`t doing anything unless they get more complaint on the matter.
    i wanted to people of the group to know what is going on
    thank you

    TreatMe Like1, Jul 1, 2005

  2. TreatMe Like1

    BJ in Texas Guest

    TreatMe Like1 <> wrote:
    || MSN HAS LIMITED SIGNATURE SPACE
    || so now you are limited to write 1000 characters or less and
    || most of my sigs are 2200 to 2800 that i have gotten from
    || different site. everyone should complain to MSN about it so
    || they will put back signature to the way it was.
    || MSN is taking away our beautiful signatures I have complain
    || to MSN but they aren`t doing anything unless they get more
    || complaint on the matter. i wanted to people of the group to
    || know what is going on
    || thank you

    Use of a signiture over 4 lines in length is considered bad
    manners.

    --
    "Give me ambiguity or give me something else." -- Unknown

    BJ in Texas, Jul 1, 2005

  3. In article <>,
    says...
    > MSN HAS LIMITED SIGNATURE SPACE
    > so now you are limited to write 1000 characters or less and most of my
    > sigs are 2200 to 2800 that i have gotten from different site. everyone
    > should complain to MSN about it so they will put back signature to the
    > way it was.
    > MSN is taking away our beautiful signatures I have complain to MSN but
    > they aren`t doing anything unless they get more complaint on the matter.
    > i wanted to people of the group to know what is going on
    > thank you

    Who cares? If you've got a 2200 character sig. I'd add you to my
    BozoBin straight away, particularly as, judging by your post, you've got
    nothing to say that's worth hearing.

    --
    Hywel

    Kill the Crazy Frog
    http://www.petitiononline.com/crzyfrg/

    Hywel Jenkins, Jul 2, 2005
  4. TreatMe Like1

    Toby Inkster Guest

    TreatMe Like1 wrote:

    > MSN HAS LIMITED SIGNATURE SPACE
    > so now you are limited to write 1000 characters or less

    They should have limited it to 320 (=4x80) characters.

    --
    Toby A Inkster BSc (Hons) ARCS
    Now Playing ~ ./snow_patrol/final_straw/01_how_to_be_dead.ogg

    Toby Inkster, Jul 3, 2005
  5. TreatMe Like1

    Simon Guest

    > MSN HAS LIMITED SIGNATURE SPACE
    > so now you are limited to write 1000 characters or less and most of my
    > sigs are 2200 to 2800 that i have gotten from different site. everyone
    > should complain to MSN about it so they will put back signature to the
    > way it was.
    > MSN is taking away our beautiful signatures I have complain to MSN but
    > they aren`t doing anything unless they get more complaint on the matter.
    > i wanted to people of the group to know what is going on
    > thank you

    Ok, you got me, where is your Sig, I'm curious now.

    Simon

    Simon, Jul 4, 2005
  6. TreatMe Like1

    Guest

    Simon wrote:
    > > MSN HAS LIMITED SIGNATURE SPACE
    > > so now you are limited to write 1000 characters or less and most of my
    > > sigs are 2200 to 2800 that i have gotten from different site. everyone
    > > should complain to MSN about it so they will put back signature to the
    > > way it was.
    > > MSN is taking away our beautiful signatures I have complain to MSN but
    > > they aren`t doing anything unless they get more complaint on the matter.
    > > i wanted to people of the group to know what is going on
    > > thank you

    > Ok, you got me, where is your Sig, I'm curious now.
    >
    > Simon

    Notice the mail is from a WebTV address. WebTV's name has now been
    changed to MSNTV by Microsoft who bought WebTV a few years ago, but
    either a WebTV or MSNTV address can be used on the service's mail. The
    MSNTV, or WebTV, service is for a set top box that is no longer being
    made. It is extremely limited and outdated. Microsoft now has a new set
    top box called MSNTV2 which still is very limited, but at least it has
    more or less of an IE6 browser rather than the very old, non-standard
    browser on the old boxes. The service for the old boxes probably will
    be ended when the service no longer makes a profit, but without new
    sets, the service is doomed. There are several die-hards that
    apparently are going to go down with the sinking ship.

    In the early days of WebTV, the sets had no storage area. However they
    had a fairly good mail service which allowed a signature in a signature
    box. Someone long ago found they could hack the box to send html mail
    and WebTV NG posts by writing the html in the sig box which stored the
    code. Then they could add the text when they sent the mail or post.
    However more recently WebTV added Page Builder(PB) for making template
    web pages. This give storage area for storing html code for those who
    wish. MSNTV can send html in the usual fashion with it written in the
    body of the mail or post while keeping the signature as normal plain
    text - this is just how most of the world handles this. These people
    now have absolutely no problem. They can write just as long and
    complicated html mail and NG posts just the way everyone else does. But
    old customs can be difficult to change until one is forced to do so. I
    am told this same message has been cross posted in many MSNTV NGs.

    The poster may or may not have known that this is Usenet. The MSNTV NGs
    that are behind a firewall and the Usenet groups are mixed on the MSNTV
    groups menu.

    , Jul 4, 2005