MSN Presence info?

|{evin

1st, if this is the wrong group, let me know... my local
server doesn't carry the full feed from MS.

After spending about 2 hours searching (google, codeproject,
sourceforge.. etc), I've not been able to find an example of code that
will allow you to publish your MSN status. I did find some older
examples, but apparently there have been some changes in protocol and
they are no longer valid.

Does anyone know how to go about doing this, or have a link to
somewhere that does?

I did find an article that went into a little detail about the
protocol, but it was more geared towards "this is how you sign on and
send a message". I even started scouring MS for some kind of SDK
(Although by the time I thought of that my brain was starting to
hurt).

One would think that MS would supply a simple URL as some of the other
messenger services do.. but I can also see the cost of doing that in
server usage and bandwidth. I guess the only way would be to develop a
control that pretends to be a client and check that way.... sheesh.

Hans Kesting

|{evin said:
1st, if this is the wrong group, let me know... my local
server doesn't carry the full feed from MS.

I use "news.microsoft.com" as newsserver for the microsoft groups ...

Hans Kesting

George Ter-Saakov

My understanding you are talking about MSN messenger.
Correct?
You really hid it in your question.
As far as i know there is an SDK for MSN messenger.
Never used it though.

George

|{evin

My understanding you are talking about MSN messenger.
Correct?
You really hid it in your question.
As far as i know there is an SDK for MSN messenger.
Never used it though.

George

Yes.. I want to publish MSN online/offline status. Do you know the url
for the SDK?

|{evin

Even OutlookExpress can handle multiple newsservers ...

Which is nice for Outlook Express users, I don't happen to be one.

Rather than continue this sillyness, do you have any information about
the original question? If not, do you know of a newsgroup that the
question would be better suited for?