MSN Presence info?

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by |{evin, Jan 27, 2004.

  1. |{evin

    |{evin Guest

    1st, if this is the wrong group, let me know... my local
    server doesn't carry the full feed from MS.

    After spending about 2 hours searching (google, codeproject,
    sourceforge.. etc), I've not been able to find an example of code that
    will allow you to publish your MSN status. I did find some older
    examples, but apparently there have been some changes in protocol and
    they are no longer valid.

    Does anyone know how to go about doing this, or have a link to
    somewhere that does?

    I did find an article that went into a little detail about the
    protocol, but it was more geared towards "this is how you sign on and
    send a message". I even started scouring MS for some kind of SDK
    (Although by the time I thought of that my brain was starting to
    hurt).

    One would think that MS would supply a simple URL as some of the other
    messenger services do.. but I can also see the cost of doing that in
    server usage and bandwidth. I guess the only way would be to develop a
    control that pretends to be a client and check that way.... sheesh.

    |{evin, Jan 27, 2004

  2. |{evin

    Hans Kesting Guest

    "|{evin" <> wrote in message

    > 1st, if this is the wrong group, let me know... my local
    > server doesn't carry the full feed from MS.

    I use "news.microsoft.com" as newsserver for the microsoft groups ...

    Hans Kesting

    Hans Kesting, Jan 27, 2004

  3. My understanding you are talking about MSN messenger.
    Correct?
    You really hid it in your question.
    As far as i know there is an SDK for MSN messenger.
    Never used it though.

    George

    George Ter-Saakov, Jan 27, 2004
  4. |{evin

    "Hans Kesting" <> wrote in message news:<>...
    > "|{evin" <> wrote in message
    > >
    > > 1st, if this is the wrong group, let me know... my local
    > > server doesn't carry the full feed from MS.
    > >

    > I use "news.microsoft.com" as newsserver for the microsoft groups ...
    >
    > Hans Kesting

    That would work just fine if I only read MS groups.

    |{evin, Jan 27, 2004
  5. |{evin

    |{evin Guest

    On Tue, 27 Jan 2004 11:41:01 -0500, "George Ter-Saakov"
    <> wrote:

    >My understanding you are talking about MSN messenger.
    >Correct?
    >You really hid it in your question.
    >As far as i know there is an SDK for MSN messenger.
    >Never used it though.
    >
    >George

    Yes.. I want to publish MSN online/offline status. Do you know the url
    for the SDK?

    |{evin, Jan 28, 2004
  6. |{evin

    Hans Kesting Guest

    > > "|{evin" <> wrote in message
    > > >
    > > > 1st, if this is the wrong group, let me know... my local
    > > > server doesn't carry the full feed from MS.
    > > >

    > > I use "news.microsoft.com" as newsserver for the microsoft groups ...
    > >
    > > Hans Kesting

    > That would work just fine if I only read MS groups.

    Even OutlookExpress can handle multiple newsservers ...

    Hans Kesting, Jan 28, 2004
  7. |{evin

    |{evin Guest

    On Wed, 28 Jan 2004 11:23:08 +0100, "Hans Kesting"
    <> wrote:

    >"|{evin" <> wrote in message
    >> "Hans Kesting" <> wrote in message

    >> > "|{evin" <> wrote in message

    >> > I use "news.microsoft.com" as newsserver for the microsoft groups ...
    >> >
    >> > Hans Kesting

    >> That would work just fine if I only read MS groups.

    >Even OutlookExpress can handle multiple newsservers ...

    Which is nice for Outlook Express users, I don't happen to be one.

    Rather than continue this sillyness, do you have any information about
    the original question? If not, do you know of a newsgroup that the
    question would be better suited for?