MSN Search : how do they do that?

Guest

Hi

Just trying to work out how they do the buttons on the MSN Search Beta

search.msn.co.uk

When you roll over the words at the botton, "Search Builder", "Settings" and
"Help", a border appears around them. They obviously arent asp:button s or
anything, just links, but how do they that cool look with the borders??

Cheers

Dan

Juan T. Llibre

Hi, Dan.

In common.js ( the Javascript source file ),
look at this function :

function toggleQB(show)

That function toggles the display style
for the links from "block" to "none".

Then, if you look in common.css,
and check the properties for "qb",
you'll see how the border properties
which are toggled by the function are set.

Quite creative, I must say.

Juan T. Llibre

Hmmm...you're right.

My apologies for sending incorrect info.
I could have sworn it was the ToggleQB function...

<crawling back to my desktop...>

Eliyahu Goldin

I could have sworn it was the ToggleQB function...
They use it to show Search Builder panel.

I think it's perfectly ok to suggest things that are not 100% precise. Most
important, the answers should encourage original posters to make their own
research in the right direction.

Juan T. Llibre

re:
I think it's perfectly ok to suggest
things that are not 100% precise.

A top-rated baseball hitter is successful in 30-35% of
his turns at bat ( hitting .300 to .350 for the season ).

Here, the norm is expecting close to 100% success rate.
Hitting .975 in this league makes one look like a piker.

;-)

re:
Most important, the answers should encourage original
posters to make their own research in the right direction.

Truer words have never been spoken.

Guest

Cool, thanks :) Had tried to get the CSS but hadnt managed it, t'all makes
sense now!