msnews.microsoft.com

Alain Dekker

Sorry, I know this is not the right group for this, but I'm trying to log
into the dotnet and other VS newsgroups on msnews.microsoft.com and no
matter what I do I get this error:

411 no such newsgroup

Configuration:
Account: msnews.microsoft.com
Server: msnews.microsoft.com
Protocol: NNTP
Port: 119
Secure(SSL): 0
Error Number: 411
Code: 800ccca5

This is via Outlook Express 6.0.

This is quite recent. This worked fine about a few weeks ago. All the
newsgroups appear correctly when I ask for a list of newsgroups, but no
matter what group I choose, I get this error.

Has there been some port or security change on this MS news server? Has MS
stopped supported newsgroups via OE?

If you could reply to abdekker <dot> za [AT] gmail DOT com, that would be
appreicated but in the newsgroup only is ok. Thanks in advance.

Regards,
Alain