Msql-Mysql-modules: unable to find my mySQL 'include' dir

francescomoi

Hi.

Working on mySQL v4.1.9 and Perl v5.8.5 on a Linux machine.

I want to install 'Msql-Mysql-modules'
http://search.cpan.org/~jwied/Msql-Mysql-modules-1.2219/
but when configuring it, I'm requested to specify the path where
mySQL 'lib' and 'include' are.

The only dir I've found on my server is this:
/usr/src/redhat/BUILD/mysql-4.1.9/
where one dir called 'lib' and another called 'libmysql'. However,
this last dir doesn't content the same structure as other mySQL
servers I've worked with (e.g. /usr/local/mysql/lib/mysql), and I'm
not able to install the Perl module, since I get this error message:

Martin Kissner

Cannot find one of lib/mysql/libmysqlclient.a, lib/libmysqlclient.a,
lib/mysql/libmysqlclient.so, lib/libmysqlclient.so in
/usr/src/redhat/BUILD/mysql-4.1.9/ at lib/DBD/mysql/Install.pm line
165, <STDIN> line 4.

If you have a mysql_config command on your System, run:

mysql_config --libs

HTH
Martin