MSVC 1.5 - how do I force strings into _CODE segment

Ed

I'm not sure if this is the best group to post this, but I have a
question about ancient MSVC 1.5.

Right now, all strings in my code, i.e. text in quotes, are put in the
_DATA segment by default.

I need to tell the compiler/linker to put these in the _CODE segment
where there is more space available.

Is there a way to do this? I've looked through the MSVC 1.5 help files
and can't find any compiler or linker switches that do this.

Thanks for your help!

Ed

santosh

Ed said:
I'm not sure if this is the best group to post this, but I have a
question about ancient MSVC 1.5.

Right now, all strings in my code, i.e. text in quotes, are put in the
_DATA segment by default.

I need to tell the compiler/linker to put these in the _CODE segment
where there is more space available.

Is there a way to do this? I've looked through the MSVC 1.5 help files
and can't find any compiler or linker switches that do this.

Thanks for your help!

This is off-topic here. Try posting at a comp.os.ms-windows.* group.
See msdn.microsoft.com or ask at one of their forums. Try using the /O1
switch perhaps.