MSVC 4.2 needed

Trent WADDINGTON

I have a dll that, I'm told, has been created using MSVC 4.2. I am trying
to seperate the run time library from the user written code (as part of a
decompilation effort[1]). I believe the object would have been linked
against libcmtd.lib, but as I am unable to find a copy of this library I
can't confirm this. Does anyone have a copy of MSVC 4.2 lying around?
I'm only need the relevant library but a full functioning copy would also
be useful.

Trent Waddington

1. For more information on our decompiler, see http://boomerang.sourceforge.net/

Jack Klein

I have a dll that, I'm told, has been created using MSVC 4.2. I am trying
to seperate the run time library from the user written code (as part of a
decompilation effort[1]). I believe the object would have been linked
against libcmtd.lib, but as I am unable to find a copy of this library I
can't confirm this. Does anyone have a copy of MSVC 4.2 lying around?
I'm only need the relevant library but a full functioning copy would also
be useful.

Trent Waddington

1. For more information on our decompiler, see http://boomerang.sourceforge.net/

I fail to see a question about the C++ language in your post.

Try contacting Microsoft. They used to, and probably still do, where
you can use a license for a current version to run an earlier version.
And they used to provide the old versions for a very nominal cost.

On the other hand, if they find out that you're writing a decompiler,
they might get upset.

--
Jack Klein
Home: http://JK-Technology.Com

Mike Wahler

Trent WADDINGTON said:
I have a dll that, I'm told, has been created using MSVC 4.2. I am trying
to seperate the run time library from the user written code (as part of a
decompilation effort[1]). I believe the object would have been linked
against libcmtd.lib, but as I am unable to find a copy of this library I
can't confirm this. Does anyone have a copy of MSVC 4.2 lying around?
I'm only need the relevant library but a full functioning copy would also
be useful.

http://www.slack.net/~shiva/welcome.txt

-Mike

Trent WADDINGTON

Jack Klein said:
I fail to see a question about the C++ language in your post.

Other than the fact that it's a C++ decompiler?
Try contacting Microsoft. They used to, and probably still do, where
you can use a license for a current version to run an earlier version.
And they used to provide the old versions for a very nominal cost.

We have, they don't supply their old versions anymore. As far as they're
concerned the software never existed.
On the other hand, if they find out that you're writing a decompiler,
they might get upset.

No. They're very supportive. Why would you think this? Our customer has
a legitimate copyright over the software they have asked us to decompile.
They're also legimate licensees of Microsoft's product, they simply don't
have a copy of it anymore as it was located on the same media as the
source code they lost.

Sorry is my request is not appropriate for this newsgroup, other than
microsoft.public.vc.language can anyone recommend a better one?

Trent

Jack Klein

Other than the fact that it's a C++ decompiler?

We have, they don't supply their old versions anymore. As far as they're
concerned the software never existed.

No. They're very supportive. Why would you think this? Our customer has
a legitimate copyright over the software they have asked us to decompile.
They're also legimate licensees of Microsoft's product, they simply don't
have a copy of it anymore as it was located on the same media as the
source code they lost.

Sorry is my request is not appropriate for this newsgroup, other than
microsoft.public.vc.language can anyone recommend a better one?

Trent

This is off-topic, but I too often have to maintain old, old software.
Older compilers often show up for auction on E-Bay from time to time.

--
Jack Klein
Home: http://JK-Technology.Com