    Can anyone provide me with a possible solution or lead?

    Thanks,

    James.

    James FitzGerald, Nov 24, 2004

  2. James FitzGerald

    Jack Klein Guest

    On 23 Nov 2004 21:03:22 -0800, (James
    FitzGerald) wrote in comp.lang.c++:

    > I am building a small memory model DOS exe (does not actually run in
    > dos but in a custom 16bit environment). For complex reasons I am not
    > allowed to have any relocatable items.
    >
    > I have run into a problem where the compiler is putting my vtables
    > into a new segment (COMDAT_SEG1). I would like to force the compiler
    > to stick these into a default segment such as the _TEXT segment or
    > _CODE segment.
    >
    > The classes are defined as far, and need to be because I need a far
    > 'this' pointer.
    >
    > Can anyone provide me with a possible solution or lead?
    >
    > Thanks,
    >
    > James.

    You seem to have picked two highly inappropriate groups to post to.

    It seems likely that DOS exe's are not really topical in a Windows
    programming group, and the rest of your question is compiler specific,
    not a language issue at all.

    Perhaps news:comp.os.msdos.programmer could help you.

    --
    Jack Klein
    Home: http://JK-Technology.Com

    Jack Klein, Nov 24, 2004

  3. Thanks Jack. Google wouldn't let me, but I'll try something other
    than Googles web interface.

    Cheers.

    James FitzGerald, Nov 25, 2004