msvcr71.dll

Konte

Are there news about the impossibility of redistributing msvcr71.ddl
with own stand-alone application written in python for who doesn't have
MSVC7 license?

Simon Brunning

Are there news about the impossibility of redistributing msvcr71.ddl
with own stand-alone application written in python for who doesn't have
MSVC7 license?

Last I heard the consensus was that it's OK to distribute msvcr71.ddl.
But IANAL, and neither is anyone else that I've heard discussing the
matter.

--
Cheers,
Simon B

Fredrik Lundh

Simon said:
Last I heard the consensus was that it's OK to distribute msvcr71.ddl.
But IANAL, and neither is anyone else that I've heard discussing the
matter.

it is perfectly okay to include the Microsoft DLL if you're redistributing a Python
build downloaded from python.org (since it's built with a properly licensed com-
piler).

</F>