msxml.exe -v option does not work ??

Discussion in 'XML' started by KemperR@ee.nec.de, Sep 14, 2005.

  1. Guest

    Dear All,

    I have an xml which I translate by xslt into fo.
    There is an xsd defined which checks the content of the source xml.

    The schema works for sure, as I have tested the validation by XML Spy.
    However, msxml.exe does not complaine anything (I have set -v option).
    Is the schema assignment not valid for msxsl2.exe ?? !!

    My xml starts like this:

    <xdoc:documentation
    xsi:schemaLocation="http://intra.etc.nec.de/NecDexNameSpaces/xsltDoc
    J:\etccom\_work_rolfk\_cdGeneral\_xml\_xsd\xsltDoc.xsd"
    FileName="ExpandExtracted.xsl" Author="Rolf Kemper" PartOf="Virtual
    Design Flow"
    xmlns:xdoc="http://intra.etc.nec.de/NecDexNameSpaces/xsltDoc"

    My commandline is
    msxsl.exe D:\temp\xdoc\docspace.xml
    J:\etccom\_work_rolfk\_cdGeneral\_xml\_xslt\xsltDoc.xsl -o
    D:\temp\xdoc\fo.xsl -v

    The output file is created (as expected it has some errors, because my
    xml was not correct) but there was no message at all which should
    happen in validation phase.

    Any help on this is welcome

    Rolf
    , Sep 14, 2005