MSXML posting SOAP message with Client Certificate

Discussion in 'ASP General' started by SP, Aug 26, 2005.

  1. SP

    SP Guest

    I get the following error, I've seen many news forum with similar issue but
    never a concrete solution.
    anyone have an idea what could be causing this not to work?

    msxml4.dll (0x80072F0C)
    A certificate is required to complete client authentication

    Here's the code:
    strPostToURL = "https://cert.here.com/SOAP/"
    strCert = "cert.here.com"
    strRequest = server.MapPath("/xml/Sample_XML.xml")

    set objXMLDocument = CreateObject("MSXML2.DOMDocument.4.0")
    objXMLDocument.async = false
    objXMLDocument.load(strRequest)

    set objSrvHTTP = CreateObject("MSXML2.ServerXMLHTTP.4.0")
    objSrvHTTP.setOption 3, strCert
    objSrvHTTP.open "POST", strPostToURL, false
    objSrvHTTP.setRequestHeader "content-Type","text/xml"
    objSrvHTTP.send objXMLDocument <-------------------- Error occurs here

    Response.Write objSrvHTTP.responseText
    Set objSrvHTTP = Nothing
    Set objXMLDocument = Nothing
    Response.End

    Resources I've looked up and followed that didn't help:
    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=KB;en-us;q290761
    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;q294266
    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;q301429
    http://support.microsoft.com/kb/289481/