Msxml2.ServerXMLHTTP¨+ åäö

Discussion in 'ASP General' started by TW, Oct 6, 2006.

  1. TW

    TW Guest

    Hi,

    Scenario

    I have a jsp file i read over http to asp file. But have problem with
    character åäö?

    Dim objXmlHttp

    Dim strHTML

    Set objXmlHttp = Server.CreateObject("Msxml2.ServerXMLHTTP")

    objXmlHttp.open "GET", "xxx", False

    objXmlHttp.send

    strHTML = objXmlHttp.responseText

    Set objXmlHttp = Nothing

    %>

    <%=strHTML%>

    Help me...

    // tw

    TW, Oct 6, 2006

  2. TW wrote:
    > Hi,
    >
    > Scenario
    >
    > I have a jsp file i read over http to asp file. But have problem with
    > character åäö?

    What problem?
    --
    Microsoft MVP -- ASP/ASP.NET

    Bob Barrows [MVP], Oct 6, 2006

  3. "TW" <> wrote in message
    > Hi,
    >
    > Scenario
    >
    > I have a jsp file i read over http to asp file. But have problem with
    > character åäö?
    >
    > Dim objXmlHttp
    >
    > Dim strHTML
    >
    > Set objXmlHttp = Server.CreateObject("Msxml2.ServerXMLHTTP")
    >
    > objXmlHttp.open "GET", "xxx", False
    >
    > objXmlHttp.send
    >
    > strHTML = objXmlHttp.responseText
    >
    > Set objXmlHttp = Nothing
    >
    > %>
    >
    > <%=strHTML%>
    >

    > Help me...

    You haven't given us a lot to go on so this is a guess. The remote server
    is not specifying the CharSet it is using to send it's response and the
    response is using a different code page than the system code page of your
    server. In the absence of a charset in the content type header of a
    response the WinHTTP stack will assume it is receiving characters in the
    current system code page.

    Anthony Jones, Oct 7, 2006