MSXML2.XMLHTTP.3.0 error

Dave

I am running the following code and I get an error:

Set xmlHttp = Server.CreateObject("MSXML2.XMLHTTP.3.0")
xmlHttp.Open "Get", URLToRSS, false
xmlHttp.Send
RSSXML = xmlHttp.ResponseText

The error is:

msxml3.dll error '800c0005'
The system cannot locate the resource specified.

It points to the "xmlHttp.Send" statement.

This code runs perfectly on my old ISP's server but not on my GoDaddy
server.

Any ideas?

Anthony Jones

Dave said:
I am running the following code and I get an error:

Set xmlHttp = Server.CreateObject("MSXML2.XMLHTTP.3.0")
xmlHttp.Open "Get", URLToRSS, false
xmlHttp.Send
RSSXML = xmlHttp.ResponseText

The error is:

msxml3.dll error '800c0005'
The system cannot locate the resource specified.

It points to the "xmlHttp.Send" statement.

This code runs perfectly on my old ISP's server but not on my GoDaddy
server.

Any ideas?

Use MSXML2.ServerXMLHTTP.3.0, XMLHTTP should not be used the server context.

If that doesn't fix it can you visit the URL using a browser running on the
server?

Check for any proxy server configuration on the server.

Dave

Use MSXML2.ServerXMLHTTP.3.0, XMLHTTP should not be used the server context.

If that doesn't fix it can you visit the URL using a browser running on the
server?

Check for any proxy server configuration on the server.

Yes, I can visit the URL in my browser. And THANK YOU SO MUCH. You're
solution worked. :)