    This code runs perfectly on my old ISP's server but not on my GoDaddy
    server.

    Any ideas?

    Dave, Jul 26, 2007

  2. "Dave" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > I am running the following code and I get an error:
    >
    > Set xmlHttp = Server.CreateObject("MSXML2.XMLHTTP.3.0")
    > xmlHttp.Open "Get", URLToRSS, false
    > xmlHttp.Send
    > RSSXML = xmlHttp.ResponseText
    >
    > The error is:
    >
    > msxml3.dll error '800c0005'
    > The system cannot locate the resource specified.
    >
    > It points to the "xmlHttp.Send" statement.
    >
    > This code runs perfectly on my old ISP's server but not on my GoDaddy
    > server.
    >
    > Any ideas?

    Use MSXML2.ServerXMLHTTP.3.0, XMLHTTP should not be used the server context.

    If that doesn't fix it can you visit the URL using a browser running on the
    server?

    Check for any proxy server configuration on the server.

    --
    Anthony Jones - MVP ASP/ASP.NET

    Anthony Jones, Jul 26, 2007

  3. Dave

    Dave Guest

    In article <>,
    says...
    > "Dave" <> wrote in message
    > > I am running the following code and I get an error:
    > >
    > > Set xmlHttp = Server.CreateObject("MSXML2.XMLHTTP.3.0")
    > > xmlHttp.Open "Get", URLToRSS, false
    > > xmlHttp.Send
    > > RSSXML = xmlHttp.ResponseText
    > >
    > > The error is:
    > >
    > > msxml3.dll error '800c0005'
    > > The system cannot locate the resource specified.
    > >
    > > It points to the "xmlHttp.Send" statement.
    > >
    > > This code runs perfectly on my old ISP's server but not on my GoDaddy
    > > server.
    > >
    > > Any ideas?

    > Use MSXML2.ServerXMLHTTP.3.0, XMLHTTP should not be used the server context.
    >
    > If that doesn't fix it can you visit the URL using a browser running on the
    > server?
    >
    > Check for any proxy server configuration on the server.

    Yes, I can visit the URL in my browser. And THANK YOU SO MUCH. You're
    solution worked. :)

    Dave, Jul 26, 2007