msxml3.dll error '80072efd'

delraydog

I'm having a problem on Windows 2003 Server with this script. It
appears to be a problem with MS XML 4.0 as this code was working fine
under MS XML 3.0 and Windows XP or 2000. Any ideas? The purpose of the
script is to act as a 'proxy' and send a POST or GET to another URL but
return the response through the ASP page as if the ASP page handled the
request:

<%@language=JScript%>
<%
var objSrvHTTP=Server.CreateObject("MSXML2.ServerXMLHTTP");
var url="http://someurl"

if (Request.ServerVariables("REQUEST_METHOD")=="POST") {
var DataToSend = Request.BinaryRead(Request.TotalBytes);
objSrvHTTP.open("POST",url,false);
objSrvHTTP.setRequestHeader("Content-type","application/x-www-form-urlencoded");
objSrvHTTP.send(DataToSend);
} else {
objSrvHTTP.open("GET",url+"?"+Request.ServerVariables("QUERY_STRING"),false);
objSrvHTTP.send();
}
Response.Write(objSrvHTTP.responseText);
%>

(e-mail address removed)
Cliff.

Bob Barrows [MVP]

I'm having a problem on Windows 2003 Server with this script. It
appears to be a problem with MS XML 4.0 as this code was working fine
under MS XML 3.0 and Windows XP or 2000. Any ideas? The purpose of the
script is to act as a 'proxy' and send a POST or GET to another URL
but return the response through the ASP page as if the ASP page
handled the request:
Could you provide a better description of the symptoms you are experiencing?
Not all of us have all the error codes memorized ...

Bob Barrows

delraydog

I have a simple HTML form which performs a POST to myproxy.asp. When
myproxy.asp executes it encounters an HTTP error 500 msxml3.dll error
'80072efd' on the send command. There is no more documentation or
explanation for the error message than that. The microsoft docs on the
issue are little 'light' as well so I don't know what could be causing
this error. I've made sure ASP script debugging is disabled, made sure
scripting is enabled, verified that the URL that I am connecting to in
the asp page is accessible from the server, etc.

Thanks for any assistance.

Cliff.