msxml3.dll error '80072efd'

Discussion in 'ASP General' started by delraydog@gmail.com, Dec 21, 2004.

  1. Guest

    I'm having a problem on Windows 2003 Server with this script. It
    appears to be a problem with MS XML 4.0 as this code was working fine
    under MS XML 3.0 and Windows XP or 2000. Any ideas? The purpose of the
    script is to act as a 'proxy' and send a POST or GET to another URL but
    return the response through the ASP page as if the ASP page handled the
    request:

    <%@language=JScript%>
    <%
    var objSrvHTTP=Server.CreateObject("MSXML2.ServerXMLHTTP");
    var url="http://someurl"

    if (Request.ServerVariables("REQUEST_METHOD")=="POST") {
    var DataToSend = Request.BinaryRead(Request.TotalBytes);
    objSrvHTTP.open("POST",url,false);
    objSrvHTTP.setRequestHeader("Content-type","application/x-www-form-urlencoded");
    objSrvHTTP.send(DataToSend);
    } else {
    objSrvHTTP.open("GET",url+"?"+Request.ServerVariables("QUERY_STRING"),false);
    objSrvHTTP.send();
    }
    Response.Write(objSrvHTTP.responseText);
    %>

    Cliff.
    , Dec 21, 2004

  2. wrote:
    > I'm having a problem on Windows 2003 Server with this script. It
    > appears to be a problem with MS XML 4.0 as this code was working fine
    > under MS XML 3.0 and Windows XP or 2000. Any ideas? The purpose of the
    > script is to act as a 'proxy' and send a POST or GET to another URL
    > but return the response through the ASP page as if the ASP page
    > handled the request:

    Could you provide a better description of the symptoms you are experiencing?
    Not all of us have all the error codes memorized ...

    Bob Barrows
    --
    Microsoft MVP -- ASP/ASP.NET
    Bob Barrows [MVP], Dec 21, 2004

    I have a simple HTML form which performs a POST to myproxy.asp. When
    myproxy.asp executes it encounters an HTTP error 500 msxml3.dll error
    '80072efd' on the send command. There is no more documentation or
    explanation for the error message than that. The microsoft docs on the
    issue are little 'light' as well so I don't know what could be causing
    this error. I've made sure ASP script debugging is disabled, made sure
    scripting is enabled, verified that the URL that I am connecting to in
    the asp page is accessible from the server, etc.

    Thanks for any assistance.

    Cliff.

    Bob Barrows [MVP] wrote:
    > wrote:
    > > I'm having a problem on Windows 2003 Server with this script. It
    > > appears to be a problem with MS XML 4.0 as this code was working

    fine
    > > under MS XML 3.0 and Windows XP or 2000. Any ideas? The purpose of

    the
    > > script is to act as a 'proxy' and send a POST or GET to another URL
    > > but return the response through the ASP page as if the ASP page
    > > handled the request:
    > >

    > Could you provide a better description of the symptoms you are

    experiencing?
    > Not all of us have all the error codes memorized ...
    >
    > Bob Barrows
    > --
    > Microsoft MVP -- ASP/ASP.NET
    > header is my spam trap, so I don't check it very often. You will get

    , Dec 21, 2004
  4. I've never run into this error, but check out the results of this google
    search:
    http://groups-beta.google.com/groups?q=80072efd msxml3&hl=en&lr=&c2coff=1&sa=N&tab=wg

    Bob Barrows
    wrote:
    > I have a simple HTML form which performs a POST to myproxy.asp. When
    > myproxy.asp executes it encounters an HTTP error 500 msxml3.dll error
    > '80072efd' on the send command. There is no more documentation or
    > explanation for the error message than that. The microsoft docs on the
    > issue are little 'light' as well so I don't know what could be causing
    > this error. I've made sure ASP script debugging is disabled, made sure
    > scripting is enabled, verified that the URL that I am connecting to in
    > the asp page is accessible from the server, etc.
    >
    > Thanks for any assistance.
    >
    > Cliff.
    >
    > Bob Barrows [MVP] wrote:
    >> wrote:
    >>> I'm having a problem on Windows 2003 Server with this script. It
    >>> appears to be a problem with MS XML 4.0 as this code was working
    >>> fine under MS XML 3.0 and Windows XP or 2000. Any ideas? The
    >>> purpose of the script is to act as a 'proxy' and send a POST or GET
    >>> to another URL but return the response through the ASP page as if
    >>> the ASP page handled the request:
    >>>

    >> Could you provide a better description of the symptoms you are
    >> experiencing? Not all of us have all the error codes memorized ...
    >>
    >> Bob Barrows
    >> --
    >> Microsoft MVP -- ASP/ASP.NET

    Microsoft MVP -- ASP/ASP.NET