    How to proceed in order to build a module (using swig) which uses a such dll
    ?

    Best regards
    orion30, Jun 24, 2003

  2. orion30

    cmkl Guest

    "orion30" <> wrote in message news:<bda6qd$jkj$>...
    > I would like to know if somebody has successfully uses
    > SWIF using MSYS / MINGW32 / PYTHON.
    >
    > I tried to do it but apparently, I failed.
    >
    > Is there somebody who can help me and give a little example.
    > There is a little example in http://sebsauvage.net/python/mingw.html
    > but it's not working for me.
    >
    > At more, I would like to used the dll versions of the glibc.
    > How to proceed in order to build a module (using swig) which uses a such dll
    > ?
    >
    > Best regards

    I have no idea what the swif library could be, but in principle it is
    possible to wrap libraries written in C/C++ with swig to python.
    BTW: mingw32 uses Microsofts msvcrt.dll. This is the counterpart of
    the glibc on Linux. Of course the library does not have most of the
    posix functionality. If you use posix functions like fork you have
    to use cygwin instead of mingw.

    Can you tell what is not working for you with the example above?

    Carl
    cmkl, Jun 26, 2003