MT-NewsWatcher

Luigi Donatello Asero

So that explains the funny dizzy feeling I got just now? I
thought someone else had insulted me and that was the cause.

Because you so quickly rescued me, I am off to Germany to search
high and low for the no-good low-down rats that beat you up. I
have looked once again at the techniques employed by Marshal
Samuel Gerard (Tommy Lee Jones) in The Fugitive to motivate and
inspire me. I will chase them down every alley, every tunnel,
every sewer till I corner them and ... "deal with them" (I better
not say in a public forum anything further...)

I am against violence.

Mark Parnell

Deciding to do something for the good of humanity, dorayme
was there not an old Mortein
ad along these lines? "when you are on to a good thing, stick to
it!" dum de dum de dum...

I think it was engine oil, but not sure what brand - "When you find
something this good, stick to it." Then he started doing ads for a
competitor (Valvoline IIRC) - "When you find something this good, switch
to it." :)

dorayme

Because you so quickly rescued me, I am off to Germany to search
high and low for the no-good low-down rats that beat you up. I
have looked once again at the techniques employed by Marshal
Samuel Gerard (Tommy Lee Jones) in The Fugitive to motivate and
inspire me. I will chase them down every alley, every tunnel,
every sewer till I corner them and ... "deal with them" (I better
not say in a public forum anything further...)

I am against violence.[/QUOTE]

Luigi, trust me. It will be for the best. I am drafting a speech
for when I finally catch up with them. It won't be exactly Dirty
Harry, more Aristotle (Doctrine of the Mean):

"Anger, hate, and revenge are for the devil, forgiveness is for
God, proactive self-defense is for the rest of us.... " and that
sort of stuff... Then I pull out the weaponry and use it badly.
Luigi, don't think for a moment it will be gentle like when Annie
("get your gun") pulls out her piece... you will be avenged. You
can enjoy the satisfaction secretly.

(quote borrowed from a very helpful Mac gent... I won't embarrass
him with any association with so disreputable a char as me)

Mark Parnell

Deciding to do something for the good of humanity, dorayme
OK! But i think i was right

A Google search seems to agree with you - it seems to have been used to
sell several products over the years. The Mortein ad must have been
before my time.

dorayme

Mark Parnell said:
Deciding to do something for the good of humanity, dorayme

A Google search seems to agree with you - it seems to have been used to
sell several products over the years. The Mortein ad must have been
before my time.

It "seems" eh? I expect you have never heard of Rinso and Persil
(washing powders) either? BTW, I know this has nothing to do with
html, I had two sister cats named these, one of whom survives...
If you need any pics, I am happy to oblige of course. You don't
strike me as a cat person... but this is really getting off the
topic....

Mark Parnell

Deciding to do something for the good of humanity, dorayme
It "seems" eh?

I'm a master of the understatement.
I expect you have never heard of Rinso and Persil
(washing powders) either?

Um, no. Are they Martian products?
BTW, I know this has nothing to do with
html, I had two sister cats named these, one of whom survives...
If you need any pics, I am happy to oblige of course. You don't
strike me as a cat person...

Not an animal person at all. I can appreciate cute pictures, but that's
about it.
but this is really getting off the
topic....

It's OK as long as Luigi doesn't mind.

dorayme

Luigi Donatello Asero said:
As I said, I am against violence.

OK, I will use Hanratty (Tom Hanks) as a model instead. From
'Catch me If You Can'. Conservative, persistent and not the least
bit violent. I doubt if your attackers are as devious as Frank
Abagnale Jr. (Leonardo DiCaprio)

Luigi, what if I find they are all like the Scorpio killer in
Dirty Harry? What then? I still play good cop? Why hamper - so to
speak - the investigation?

mbstevens

Me too.
I prefer cellos and base fiddles.
OK, I will use Hanratty (Tom Hanks) as a model instead. From
'Catch me If You Can'. Conservative, persistent and not the least
bit violent.

Displacement activity from the private persuit of Ms. Ryan?

Neredbojias

With neither quill nor qualm, Luigi Donatello Asero quothed:
As I said, I am against violence.

I'm against poverty but it's still there.

One must learn to deal successfully with the things one is against.

Blinky the Shark

Neredbojias said:
With neither quill nor qualm, Luigi Donatello Asero quothed:

I'm against poverty but it's still there.

One must learn to deal successfully with the things one is against.

In some context where location was relevant, I once asked a poster if he
might be in Canada. His response was, "I don't believe in countries."

Neredbojias

With neither quill nor qualm, Blinky the Shark quothed:
In some context where location was relevant, I once asked a poster if he
might be in Canada. His response was, "I don't believe in countries."

Uh huh. Those who don't believe in reality need to fix their
perceptions before they can resolve anything else.

dorayme

How did you get the cute little shark in the top left corner of
this newsreader of mine, better look into this...

Mark Parnell

Deciding to do something for the good of humanity, dorayme

Beat me to it. :)
Thanks Blinky, I will look into getting an accurate image of my
loveliness up there for all to see....

Look forward to it! I was going to say that I wonder how Luigi will
react, but of course Lookout Express doesn't support X-Face, so he won't
see it.

Blinky the Shark

dorayme said:
Thanks Blinky, I will look into getting an accurate image of my loveliness
up there for all to see....

Happy to help. My contributions here aren't about markup, which is why
I *read* the group; they're about news clients or other
unrelated-but-necessary stuff. :)

Blinky the Shark

Mark said:
Deciding to do something for the good of humanity, dorayme

Beat me to it. :)

Look forward to it! I was going to say that I wonder how Luigi will react,
but of course Lookout Express doesn't support X-Face, so he won't see it.

Actually, Pan - which I'm using - doesn't display them, either, but I've
heard it's in the works. My two preferred clients (Xnews and slrn) do. I
have a couple new Linux installations here (this one (see headers) and
SuSE, and I just haven't got around to setting up slrn yet. With all the
customization I did to slrn/vim (macros for each, some of which I wrote,
and the large universe of settings), it'll take me a while to get it where
I like it, and Pan's a quick setup because it isn't even remotely as
tweakable.

Jose

Actually, Pan - which I'm using - doesn't display them, either, but I've
heard it's in the works. My two preferred clients (Xnews and slrn) do.

When you use multple news clients, how do you (or they) keep track of
what you've read in the other client?

Jose