much ado about sockets and data...

egoistic

ive been handed a project by my college...

exchange company websites have a continuously updating table/board with
their prices and volumes etc. (for example
http://www.dgcx.ae/MainMarketWatchOnline_DLL.aspx )

the application on the page
(http://www.dgcx.ae/MainMarketWatchOnline_DLL.aspx) continuously
recieves data from the server and displays it there. what i'm supposed
to do is open a socket connection to the server and connect to the
datastream and do two things :

- save the data into a database (ms access probably)
- display the same, on another webpage (with different formatting)

i've got 0 knowhow when it comes to asp and asp.net, but i do know vb
and html though (not that it counts for much) and i would be happy if
someone could take the time to guide me through what im supposed to be
doing...

[ i may be allowed to connect to the website servers if i have a
plausible solution ready. they run microsoft servers, so asp / asp.net
only i think... ]

thanks a lot

- watson