    Thanks.
    Regards,
    Kevin

    Kevin Hsu, Apr 11, 2004

  2. Kevin Hsu wrote:
    > Dear All,
    >
    > I am quite new here, and can anyone enlighten me on how
    > to develop a Java applications which can be used to play on-line
    > MUD game? Where can I start ?

    umm... learn java.

    > MUD is the TEXT on-line game, and generally, we can use :
    > telnet port_number, and it's kind of client/server architecture,
    > receive from server, send from my client.
    >
    > By the way, if are you familiar with MUD, there is a client
    > program in Windows platform, which is my target , and wish
    > to write it in Java.
    >
    > Thanks.
    > Regards,
    > Kevin

    google java mud. that took me 4 seconds.

    Troy Kinsella, Apr 11, 2004

  3. got to : java.sun.com
    download J2SE 1.4.2 (or newer), documentation and tutorials.
    Download book Thinking in Java, by Brucke Eckels.

    After introductory reading read everithing about sockets.

    P.S. You shouldn't post newbie question here, rather comp.lang.java.help

    Mladen Adamovic, Apr 12, 2004
  4. Kevin Hsu

    steve Guest

    On Sun, 11 Apr 2004 12:49:01 +0800, Kevin Hsu wrote
    (in article <c5aiko$mhd$>):

    > Dear All,
    >
    > I am quite new here, and can anyone enlighten me on how
    > to develop a Java applications which can be used to play on-line
    > MUD game? Where can I start ?
    >
    > MUD is the TEXT on-line game, and generally, we can use :
    > telnet port_number, and it's kind of client/server architecture,
    > receive from server, send from my client.
    >
    > By the way, if are you familiar with MUD, there is a client
    > program in Windows platform, which is my target , and wish
    > to write it in Java.
    >
    > Thanks.
    > Regards,
    > Kevin

    there is a complete mud client & server in :
    oreilly "java examples in a nutshell", you don't even have to type it in.

    use that as a basis, the advantage is that you can learn java at hte same
    time, at the source is heavily documented.

    steve, Apr 15, 2004