Mulitiple Tomcats - Multiple IPs

Joined
Feb 4, 2010
Messages
28
Reaction score
0
Hello.
I have a server and 4 IP addressess 10.10.10.10, 10.10.10.11,
10.10.10.12, 10.10.10.13
Can i run 4 tomcats on port 80 on 4 different IP addressess?

Thnak You

Robert

William Brogden

Hello.
I have a server and 4 IP addressess 10.10.10.10, 10.10.10.11,
10.10.10.12, 10.10.10.13
Can i run 4 tomcats on port 80 on 4 different IP addressess?

Thnak You

Robert

Assuming you mean on the same machine, of course not - only one
listener on port 80 at a time.

However, you can host multiple domains on one Tomcat instance
by configuring <Host entries in the server.xml file - perhaps
that will do what you want.

Bill

?

=?ISO-8859-1?Q?Arne_Vajh=F8j?=

I have a server and 4 IP addressess 10.10.10.10, 10.10.10.11,
10.10.10.12, 10.10.10.13
Can i run 4 tomcats on port 80 on 4 different IP addressess?

Yes.

You will need to specify the address attribute for every connector,
so that they only listen on one IP adresss (default is all).

Arne

?

=?ISO-8859-15?Q?Arne_Vajh=F8j?=

Assuming you mean on the same machine, of course not - only one
listener on port 80 at a time.

With different IP addresses ofcourse he can.

Arne

William Brogden

With different IP addresses ofcourse he can.

OK - how can you have 4 instances of Tomcat on one machine
all listening to the same port?

Every time I try to start Tomcat with another instance already running
I get an immediate error.

Bill

?

=?ISO-8859-15?Q?Arne_Vajh=F8j?=

William said:
OK - how can you have 4 instances of Tomcat on one machine
all listening to the same port?

Every time I try to start Tomcat with another instance already running
I get an immediate error.

4 different IP addresses.

4 Tomcat instances.

Each Tomcat instance server.xml specify it to listen
at one specific IP adress port 80.

If you do not specific IP address then it default
listen on all IP addresses.

Arne

William Brogden

4 different IP addresses.

4 Tomcat instances.

Each Tomcat instance server.xml specify it to listen
at one specific IP adress port 80.

If you do not specific IP address then it default
listen on all IP addresses.

Arne

My problem was I thought the in-line documentation in server.xml
explained all the options for a Connector configuration. Turns out
they left out the use of the "address" attribute. I should have
been looking at this page:

Bill