    Roedy Green Canadian Mind Products
    http://mindprod.com/politics/harper.html
    Anyone but Harper for Prime Minister of Canada

    Roedy Green, Sep 27, 2008

  2. Roedy Green

    Arne Vajhøj Guest

    Roedy Green wrote:
    > I was wondering if there is any hope of extracting the two cpu serial
    > numbers on a multiple CPU and/or multiple core machine. Failing that,
    > is there a way to ensure you run a piece of code on a selected CPU so
    > that you will get a consistent serial number?
    >
    > I have the code to extract the cpu serial number on a single CPU
    > machine. I presume a dual core machine shares the same serial number.

    I don't think there is much solution in Java for this.

    You will info about:
    - what info the various CPU's (x86, x86-64, PPC, SPARX etc.) expose
    - how that info can be retrieved via the OS (Win, Linux, MacOS X,
    Solaris etc.)
    - what options exist to limit a process to a subset of available
    CPU resources in the OS

    It will be system specific and coded in C and JNI !

    Arne

    Arne Vajhøj, Oct 5, 2008