    and versions?

    Any help would be appreciated,

    Alan

    Maxwell2006, Jul 12, 2006

  2. Allen,

    I use a virtual machine to load various browsers on and then fire it up and
    check that way. I think that is the most common practice.

    Regards,

    --
    S. Justin Gengo
    Web Developer / Programmer

    Free code library:
    http://www.aboutfortunate.com

    "Out of chaos comes order."
    Nietzsche

    S. Justin Gengo, Jul 12, 2006

  3. Hello Max,

    I agree with Justin that you'd better setup a test environment with all
    those popular webbrowers and test your page interactively. As for browser
    compatibility testing, there is no good automation approach because
    browserCap test is completely rely on the web page's UI presentation in
    different browsers. We could not guarantee the correct behavior without
    getting the screen of the rendered page in browser.

    BTW, I've found some web application browser compatiblility testing
    resource over the internet:

    #Browser Compatibility Testing Online
    http://www.masternewmedia.org/2003/05/22/browser_compatibility_testing_onlin
    e.htm

    and it seems the following tool is quite cool, you can have a look at it:

    http://www.browsercam.com/

    Hope this helps some.

    Regards,

    Steven Cheng
    Microsoft MSDN Online Support Lead

    Get Secure! www.microsoft.com/security
    rights.)

    Steven Cheng[MSFT], Jul 13, 2006
  4. Hi Max,

    How are you doing on this issue, does the information in our response helps
    you some? If there is still anything we can help, please feel free to post
    here.

    Steven Cheng[MSFT], Jul 16, 2006
  5. Maxwell2006

    Mark Rae Guest

    "S. Justin Gengo" <> wrote in
    message news:uqI2$...

    > I use a virtual machine to load various browsers on and then fire it up
    > and check that way. I think that is the most common practice.

    That's certainly what I do. After Windows (!) and VS.NET, I'd say VirtualPC
    is probably the most useful piece of software I have. Certainly, the cost
    savings in test hardware are almost incalculable!

    I have a development machine with WinXP Pro, IIS and IE.

    I have a VirtualPC with WinXP Pro and the latest versions of IE, FireFox,
    Netscape & Opera. If I need to test something on an earlier version of
    Windows and/or an earlier version of one of the Windows browsers, I'll build
    a new VirtualPC just for that, at a cost to the client, of course...

    I have a VirtualPC with SuSE 10 and the latest versions of Konqueror,
    FireFox & Opera - I don't provide testing or support on earlier versions of
    SuSE or the browsers that run on it.

    I have a MacMini with MacOSX and Safari, FireFox, Netscape & Opera - I don't
    provide testing or support on earlier versions of MacOS or the browsers that
    run on it. Of course, this means I don't support IE on MacOS9 but, as
    Microsoft ditched this years ago, I don't really care...

    Also (don't laugh) I have a VirtualPC with WinNT4 workstation, IIS4, ASP3,
    MTS2 and SQL Server 6.5 to provide support for a legacy system for a huge
    multinational client. For whatever reason, they have chosen not to upgrade
    this system - it just sits in their production server room churning away.
    They pay me a silly amount for this, and I haven't had a single support call
    in over four years... :) I love being an IT contractor!

    Mark Rae, Jul 16, 2006