    So for example, developer #1 changes the code behind of page 1, and
    recompiles the project. Now, developer #2, changes the code behind of page
    2, and recompiles the project. As you can see, the changes that developer
    #1 has made are now lost.

    There must be a proper way to do have multi-developer developement with an
    ASP.net project. Does anyone have any insight to this problem?

    Thanks!
    Brian Patrick, Feb 24, 2006

  2. Your web project Publish options in ASP.NET 2.0 provide for an updateable
    project where each page gets its own assembly, allowing for individual
    developers to change a single page without the requirement to rebuild the
    entire project.
    In ASP.NET 1.1 you basically need to recompile the project since everything
    is in a single assembly. However, it really is no big deal to copy over the
    newly built assembly to the /bin folder along with the revised page.

    As long as individual developers on your team have learned how to work
    together in a source-control environment, I fail to see why this is such a
    problem. There is a SourceSafe whitepaper up on MSDN about Team Development
    that you can read if you need more info.

    Peter

    http://www.eggheadcafe.com
    UnBlog:
    http://petesbloggerama.blogspot.com

    =?Utf-8?B?UGV0ZXIgQnJvbWJlcmcgW0MjIE1WUF0=?=, Feb 24, 2006