    prschmid Guest

    I am currently creating a multi-language site using ASP .NET and was wondering what people think the best way to do this. Keeping a session variable of the users's choice? Cookies?

    Thank you in advance for any advice, comments, help.
    prschmid, Jul 25, 2004

  2. prschmid

    joker Guest

    This newsgroup is for classic ASP. None of the .net is talked about here.

    joker, Jul 25, 2004

  3. prschmid

    Bob Lehmann Guest

    Oh my, Heavens no. We would never talk about the DotNet here. That would be
    naughty.

    Keepin' it pure,
    Bob Lehmann

    Bob Lehmann, Jul 25, 2004
  4. prschmid

    Bã§TãRÐ Guest

    Regardless - of the technology, storing a cookie for non personally
    identifiable information is in my opinion the best way. Takes the load
    off the server and gives it to the browser and is not a security risk.

    Storing your info in XML would also be beneficial to you so you'd only
    have to make the framewrok. This may help you out.

    http://samples.gotdotnet.com/quicks...ckstart/aspplus/doc/internationalization.aspx

    - Bastard

    Bã§TãRÐ, Jul 27, 2004
  5. prschmid

    Bullschmidt Guest

    <<
    I am currently creating a multi-language site using ASP .NET and was
    wondering what people think the best way to do this. Keeping a session
    variable of the users's choice? Cookies?

    Thank you in advance for any advice, comments, help.

    Well here's a concept that could perhaps be used with any programming
    tool.

    Classic ASP Design Tips - Multiple Language Web Site
    http://www.bullschmidt.com/devtip-multiplelanguagewebsite.asp

    Best regards,
    http://www.Bullschmidt.com
    Classic ASP Design Tips, ASP Web Database Demo, ASP Bar Chart Tool...

    Bullschmidt, Jul 27, 2004