Multi Line Text Box Horizontal Scroll Bar Behavior

RFleming

Hello,

I know this is not directly related to javascript, but I am not awayre
of a good group for handling web control questions.
I have been trying to get a textbox to work now for over a week, and
am starting to think there is not answer. I have a web application
that populates an htmlinputtextarea. The reason I chose it was
because it could display multiple lines. However, if the report gets
too wide for the textbox, the text starts to wrap. I have tried
override and white-space for CSS class, but the best I can get is one
long line (white-space: nowrap). For the setValue, I use \r\n for my
end of line. Example: txtBox.setValue("This is one line\r\nThis is
line two.");

Is there a better textbox than the htmlinputtextarea to display
multiple lines of text with a vertical and horizontal scrollbar? If
not anybody know what I am doing wrong?

Thanks for any help

Ryan