    the hidden values instad of updating get an extra value.
    Is there any way to get around it.
    Thanks
    Jishnu, Mar 10, 2005

  2. Jishnu

    Tim Guest

    Jishnu wrote:
    > I am writing a multi page form. I am using hidden input statements to
    > pass my variables between different pages. Now I want to provide a page
    > whereusers can update the previous entered data. The form at this point
    > is populated through the hidden variables.
    > But as I submit after making any changes.
    > the hidden values instad of updating get an extra value.
    > Is there any way to get around it.

    For questions like this you should always post some well crafted
    explaining code because it is hard to tell what you are doing wrong but
    my guess is that you write both hidden fields AND ordinary forms on the
    update page.

    I guess it looks something like this (on the update page).

    <input type="hidden" name="name" value="Jishnu" />
    <input type="text" name="name" value="" />

    In this case Request.Form("name") will return a stringlist containing
    both the hidden value and the value entered in the form.

    What you should do instead is to only have the form, and let it contain
    the name initially

    <input type="text" name="name" value="Jishnu" />

    If you problem is what I think it is this should be the solution, else
    you should post some code exemplifying .

    Tim
    Tim, Mar 11, 2005

  3. Jishnu

    Bullschmidt Guest

    <<
    But as I submit after making any changes.
    the hidden values instad of updating get an extra value.

    Maybe you have more than one field with the same name.

    Best regards,
    http://www.Bullschmidt.com

    Bullschmidt, Mar 15, 2005