Multi-paradigm design with C++

Florian Weimer

I'd like to get up to speed with multi-paradigm design with C++. Can
you recommend any books on this topic? I'd prefer something which is
not tied to a particular compiler, treats ISO C++, and is not focused
on GUI development and its specific problems.

I've got a basic understanding of most C++ features (although I
haven't used the language extensively since 1997 or so), but I don't
really how everything fits together. I'm particularly interested in
writing seamless extensions of the standard I/O and container library.

Victor Bazarov

Florian Weimer said:
I'd like to get up to speed with multi-paradigm design with C++. Can
you recommend any books on this topic? [...]

There is a book called "Multi-Paradigm Design for C++" by James
Coplien. There is even a couple of reviews of that book on ACCU
site (www.accu.org, book review section). That's probably what
you want.

Victor

Florian Weimer

Victor Bazarov said:
Florian Weimer said:
I'd like to get up to speed with multi-paradigm design with C++. Can
you recommend any books on this topic? [...]

There is a book called "Multi-Paradigm Design for C++" by James
Coplien.

It's certainly an interesting book, but I realized that I should have
asked for something link "100 template programming tricks". 8->

Victor Bazarov

Florian Weimer said:
Victor Bazarov said:
Florian Weimer said:
I'd like to get up to speed with multi-paradigm design with C++. Can
you recommend any books on this topic? [...]

There is a book called "Multi-Paradigm Design for C++" by James
Coplien.

It's certainly an interesting book, but I realized that I should have
asked for something link "100 template programming tricks". 8->

Well, you will probably enjoy "Modern C++ Design" by Alexandrescu
and "C++ Templates" by Vandevoorde and Josuttis. I know I have.

Victor