multi-part forms in CGI.pm

Discussion in 'Perl' started by Zak, Jul 13, 2003.

  1. Zak

    Zak Guest

    Hi,
    I am a new comer to CGI.pm and find it extremely useful. I have created
    multi-form pages and with little struggle have succesfully been able to save
    states from one form to another (from one page to another). Two groups of
    people will be using the mutli-form pages to fill out the fields.
    GROUP A fills out pages 1, 2, 3.
    GROUP B fills out pages 4, 5.
    I have used save_parameters and restore_parameters to bring back the forms
    partially filled out. My dilemma now is:
    when I bring the forms back for the second group (GROUP B) to fill out their
    sections (page 4, 5), I want to "gray" sections 1, 2, 3 (pages 1, 2, 3 in
    view access only but not hide them) that Group A had already filled. Not
    give GROUP B access to enter text in fields for pages 1, 2, 3 but be able to
    display information. I don't want to use hidden() because it would hide the
    fields entriely. I want to display fields in pages 1, 2, 3 in view mode only
    for GROUP B but give them write access to pages 4,5.

    restore_parameters bring all pages and all fields in write access.

    Does anyone have an idea how manipulate this one? Any help is appreciated.
    Thanks.

    Zak, Jul 13, 2003