Multi Part Root Namespace causing 'could not load type' error

Matty

I have successfully written a couple of Web services that work fine on
my localhost so this is not a security issue.

My problem only arises when I set the Root Namespace of a Web service
to something along the lines of .... system.webservices.myservice

When I do this and call the service via debug or from an aspx page I
get the error...Could not load type 'system.service.Global'

If I change the Root namespace back to myservice it works fine.
I first thought it was the Global.asax not having the correct
namespace but this is not the case.

It is as if I am unable to use a multi part namespace.

Can anyone help?

James Steele

Hi Matty,

Are you sure that the system.service namespace is getting imported when
"myservice" is the root namespace?

Matty

Yes it is.
If I keep it to the 'simple' root namespace, the whole thing works like
a dream.
Might I add that I add the root namespace in the porject properties
rather than in the code

James Steele

Hi Matty,

Sure. You could make add it to the Project Imorts list in the Project
Properties Dialog.

James Steele

BTW Sorry about the typo's in the previous message.

Sure. You could add it to the Project Imports list in the Project
Properties Dialog.