Multi-posting clc++ and clc++m (was: Multiply inherit from classes with conflicting function names

Alf P. Steinbach

* Adam, in clc++m:
I have an unfortunate case where a single class wants to derive from two
existing classes:

struct A { virtual long fun() = 0; };
struct B { virtual bool fun() = 0; };
struct Unfortunate : public A, public B { ??? };

I already answered this one (the exact same message text), apparently to
Adam's satisfaction, in [clc++].

Could people please /stop/ multi-posting (at least not without noting in
the message that it's multi-posted)?

IMO it's now become a nuisance.

Note: this message has been /cross-posted/ to clc++ and clc++m.

For the difference between cross-posting and multi-posting, see Google.

--
A: Because it messes up the order in which people normally read text.
Q: Why is it such a bad thing?

Adam Aulick

Alf said:
Could people please /stop/ multi-posting (at least not without
noting in
the message that it's multi-posted)?

IMO it's now become a nuisance.

For the record, posting to the moderated group was an accident in this
case. Embarassing since I've been impatient with multi-posters
elsewhere in the past, but there's karma for you. My apologies.

~Adam