Multi row edit and column display with different controls..

nate amt

Hi,

I have a task to display the records from the database table and update
all of them at the same time. I should display the first column in label
and the second column(this is tricky) values should display in textbox
or dropdown list depending on the datatype. For example if the data is a
number datatype , it should display the data in a textbox, if the
datatype is a boolean then display dropdown list. And also need to
update all of them at the same time. How can I do this? Could you please
help if there are any samples or examples?

I appreciate your help..

Thanks..

PeterKellner

Hi,

I have a task to display the records from the database table and update
all of them at the same time. I should display the first column in label
and the second column(this is tricky) values should display in textbox
or dropdown list depending on the datatype. For example if the data is a
number datatype , it should display the data in a textbox, if the
datatype is a boolean then display dropdown list. And also need to
update all of them at the same time. How can I do this? Could you please
help if there are any samples or examples?

I appreciate your help..

Thanks..

Funny you should ask about this. I was just reading a blog yesterday
where Matt Dotson shows how to do this. This will at least help you
with the bulk edit part.

http://blogs.msdn.com/mattdotson/articles/490868.aspx

Good Luck,
Peter Kellner
http://peterkellner.net

anonymous

Thanks for your reply. I am using ASP.net 1.x. I read a few articles
about updating rows all at once. Any ideas to display different controls
in a column?

Thanks again..