Multi row edit and column display with different controls..

Discussion in 'ASP .Net Datagrid Control' started by nate amt, May 21, 2006.

  1. nate amt

    nate amt Guest

    Hi,

    I have a task to display the records from the database table and update
    all of them at the same time. I should display the first column in label
    and the second column(this is tricky) values should display in textbox
    or dropdown list depending on the datatype. For example if the data is a
    number datatype , it should display the data in a textbox, if the
    datatype is a boolean then display dropdown list. And also need to
    update all of them at the same time. How can I do this? Could you please
    help if there are any samples or examples?

    I appreciate your help..

    Thanks..

    nate amt, May 21, 2006

  2. nate amt

    PeterKellner Guest

    On Sun, 21 May 2006 09:44:06 -0700, nate amt <>
    wrote:

    >Hi,
    >
    >I have a task to display the records from the database table and update
    >all of them at the same time. I should display the first column in label
    >and the second column(this is tricky) values should display in textbox
    >or dropdown list depending on the datatype. For example if the data is a
    >number datatype , it should display the data in a textbox, if the
    >datatype is a boolean then display dropdown list. And also need to
    >update all of them at the same time. How can I do this? Could you please
    >help if there are any samples or examples?
    >
    >I appreciate your help..
    >
    >Thanks..

    Funny you should ask about this. I was just reading a blog yesterday
    where Matt Dotson shows how to do this. This will at least help you
    with the bulk edit part.

    http://blogs.msdn.com/mattdotson/articles/490868.aspx

    Good Luck,
    Peter Kellner
    http://peterkellner.net
    PeterKellner, May 21, 2006

  3. nate amt

    anonymous Guest

    Thanks for your reply. I am using ASP.net 1.x. I read a few articles
    about updating rows all at once. Any ideas to display different controls
    in a column?

    Thanks again..

    anonymous, May 21, 2006