Multi-threaded ASP.NET Page

JeffJones176

Hello All:

I am very new to multi-threaded programming and have a need (I think)
to write an application that uses multi-threaded pages. My scenario
follows:

My business has multiple databases, multiple websites, like a
franchised business, and multiple branches that go to each website (22
branches for one website, 2 for another, etc.).

Each branch has it's own closing business date. When this date occurs,
a process is triggered on the SQL database that runs an executable.
This executable (console application) creates a process that will go to
a page on the branch's affiliated website
(https://www.company.com/businessclose/processpayments.aspx?bc=ABC) via
iexplore.exe. A record is create in a database table that shows if the
processing from the web end is done. Once the processing is done, I
close the iexplore.exe process and then exit the console application.

On the website, the database is queried to get a list of payments to be
processed. We use a credit card processing company to authorize
transactions. In order to receive payment, we need to mark the
authorized transactions as shipped to the customer. To do this, we need
to post an HTML form to the credit card processing company, have them
process it and catch what the credit card company send back to us via
HTML form post as well.

The processpayments.aspx page currently gets a list of all the
authorized transactions to be marked as shipped, registers client-side
scripts (window.open();) to a second page that posts an HTML form to
the credit card processing company. Each of the authorized
transactions have a Shipped flag in the database. When we receive a
posted form from the credit card processing company, I flip the flag.
I then find the iexplore.exe process record in the database and mark is
a done.

All that works with one branch and one process and one record from the
database. I need to scale it up now. The problem is that I don't know
where to begin. I would like to have a wait condition on the
processpayments.aspx page like the one for the console application that
will keep sending forms to the credit card processing company until all
authorized payments have been marked as shipped and then flip the done
flag for the iexplore.exe process. I could go for even fancier, but
alas, I am not a very proficient network programmer.

Please help me. I'm not even sure that the approach that I have taken
is the best for what I'm trying to accomplish.

Regards,
Jeff Jones