Multi Threading Problem with Python + Django + PostgreSQL.

Discussion in 'Python' started by Pradip, Mar 31, 2008.

  1. Pradip

    Pradip Guest

    Hello every body. I am new to this forum and also in Python.
    Read many things about multi threading in python. But still having
    problem.

    I am using Django Framework with Python having PostgreSQL as backend
    database with Linux OS. My applications are long running. I am using
    threading.
    The problem I am facing is that the connections that are being created
    for database(postgres) update are not getting closed even though my
    threads had returned and updated database successfully. It is not like
    that the connections are not being reused. They r being reused but
    after sometime new one is created. Like this it creates too many
    connections and hence exceeding MAX_CONNECTION limit of postgres conf.

    ** I am using psycopg2 as adaptor for python to postgres connection.
    which itself handles the connections(open/close)

    Now the problem is with Django / Python / psycopg2 or any thing else??

    HELP ME OUT!!!!!

    Pradip, Mar 31, 2008