Multi User Problem with Auction site

Simon Hazelton

I have a problem with resolving the proxy bids on an auction site.

If 2 users simultaneously post proxy bids to the same auction at the same
time I can't seem to resolve these properly.

Currently, I am keeeping an arraylist in global.asax and locking/unlocking a
list of the auctions that are resolving, I'm seriously concerned with the
performance of this.

Can anyone suggest a way of ensuring that the bids get resolved in order?
would MSMQ do this better?

Thanks for your help