multichat java applet code

octavio.eisti

Hello dear members of the comp.lang.java.programmer newsgroup. Please
can anyone show me a good tutorial site explaining a multichat java
applet code ?

Many Thanks.

Octavio

Andrew Thompson

Hello dear members of the comp.lang.java.programmer newsgroup. Please
can anyone show me a good tutorial site explaining a multichat java
applet code ?

Try separating the problem into smaller parts, to start with.

'Applets' for example would require a good tutorial site of
their own, if you have any hope of running them on the (world
wide) web. You might be better off looking to use web start
to launch the chat apps. instead.

As far as the comms goes - the Java Tutorial has a multi thread,
server-client example, AFAIR.

octavio.eisti