Multicolumn combo box

NEWBIE

Hi,

I have to show data in grid like manner in the combobox.

Please give me ne idea to create multicolumn comboBox.

Thanx.

NEWBIE

Thank you very much Steve for your reply. Actually I want to make a composite
control by inheriting from the combo box control. I am not able to understand
how to go about it. Can you plz help ?

NEWBIE

Thanx a lot steve. Yr article did help me a lot in understanding how to
create a custom combo box.
Is there any way autocomplete feature can be incorportaed into this control ?

NEWBIE

I did try andy's combo box but is there any way the same functionality can be
added to your combo box ?
On going through the code of andy's combo box, it appears that it needs
some javascript functions. I couldnt find those functions. Also the code
makes refernce to web.config file which is not there in the project.

Steve C. Orr [MVP, MCSD]

The javascript code is there, I've downloaded it and looked at it.
Look harder.

My control could be modified to provide the functionality you need, but it
would require a good amount of elbow grease.

NEWBIE

Hi Steve,
Thanx for the reply. Yes the js code is there in the .resx
file but there is no web.config file.

If u go thrrough the code there is a property RefrenceLibraryUrl which
returns a string variable. This property uses the web.config file.

I did find a java script function on the net
http://www.mattkruse.com/javascript/autocomplete/source.html

In your control you add some java script code for the visibility. Now I
think the "elbow grease" would be to add a javascript code to search the text
in the listbox or do i have to use the items.findtext ?
Am I on right track ?

Thanx

NEWBIE

Thanx for your reply. I did found the code, it was in .resx file. But if you
go thru the code there is a property which calls the configuration settings
from web.config.

I modified and added a datagrid to your code, but on load the grid lines of
the datagrid are visible. How do I hide them ?