Multilevel nested editable gridview

Joined
Jun 8, 2009
Messages
1
Reaction score
0
Hi all,

I have built a multilevel nested editable gridview using the instructions from the following site: The Code Project. The posting is for Editable Nested GridView (All-in-One) (I would post the link but I have not met the minimum criteria to do so for this site).

Everything works great except the 3rd level edit function. Basically, I have GV1, GV2 and GV3 that are nested together. All 3 gridviews display the data properly (and are collapsible) and I can add and delete from all. The data in GV1 and GV2 can also be edited. Everytime I click the edit link on GV3 the entire Gridview closes up to the first level.

When I step through the code, I have found that the 3rd level's .DataBind is not actually working. For example, in the following code:

Protected Sub gv3_RowEditing(ByVal sender As Object, ByVal e As System.Web.UI.WebControls.GridViewEditEventArgs)
Dim gvTemp3 As GridView = DirectCast(sender, GridView)
gvUniqueID1 = gvTemp3.UniqueID
gvEditIndex1 = e.NewEditIndex
gv2.DataBind()
End Sub

When I get to the line gv2.DataBind(), instead of jumping up to the gv2_RowDataBound object, it goes right to the End Sub line. I notice that ALL of the .DataBinds for the grandchild grid are doing this. Can anyone tell me what I am doing wrong? The parent and child grids are working fine.

I would be happy to attach all of my code (as well as the table scripts for SQL Server) if necessary. I am completely at a loss. I have posted a question on Code Project and have also tried Tek-Tips with no luck. I can't figure out what I am missing.

Thanks in advance!

Brenda