MultiLine TextBox, how to remove vertical scrollbar?

Olav Tollefsen

I have added a MultiLine TextBox to my aspx page:

<asp:TextBox ID="TextBox1" runat="server" BorderStyle="None" ReadOnly="True"
TextMode="MultiLine"></asp:TextBox>

Then I add two lines of text to it:

TextBox1.Text = "Line 1\r\nLine 2";

The problem is that a vertical scrollbar is displayed

How do I get rid of the vertical scrollbar?

Olav

Ken Cox [Microsoft MVP]

Hi Olav,

You can use the overflow attribute to turn off the scrollbars:

TextBox1.Attributes.Add("style","overflow :hidden");
TextBox1.Text = "Line 1\r\nLine 2";

Ken
Microsoft MVP [ASP.NET]
Toronto