Multipage chain showing single URL

emorgoch

I'm trying to figure out the best method to go about creating a web-
app such that the URL in a client's address bar will remain constant
(the entry point for the application).

My first thought was to be using Server.Transfer to move about the
necessary pages, but after trying to test it, it only seems to work
for the first transfer. After that though, the address bar changes,
just showing the previous page rather than the current one.

I could also use a single "front" page that dynamically loads customer
web controls / transfers to pre-built pages, but this seems
unnecessarily complex for a simple thing.

Am I missing something, or is this the only way to go about what I
want?

Guest

I'm trying to figure out the best method to go about creating a web-
app such that the URL in a client's address bar will remain constant
(the entry point for the application).

My first thought was to be using Server.Transfer to move about the
necessary pages, but after trying to test it, it only seems to work
for the first transfer. After that though, the address bar changes,
just showing the previous page rather than the current one.

I could also use a single "front" page that dynamically loads customer
web controls / transfers to pre-built pages, but this seems
unnecessarily complex for a simple thing.

Am I missing something, or is this the only way to go about what I
want?

Maybe you can use a PostBacks?

E.g. all links should be ...runat=server postback=true>

bruce barker

if you use model view controller pattern then there is just one page.
you could also write a url remapper. the other simple solution is the
start page is a frameset, and your other pages are hosted by the frameset.

-- bruce (sqlwork.com)

darrel

I'm trying to figure out the best method to go about creating a web-
app such that the URL in a client's address bar will remain constant
(the entry point for the application).

Why?

The URI in the browser reflects what the browser is 'looking' at. To be able
to manipulate would open a gigantic security hole.

The two option are to:

1) put all of your pages in a frameset

2) make your entire application one page via a ton of postback variables
and/or a bunch of AJAX

-Darrel