    select?????
    any ideas???
    Thx

    POLILOP, Nov 14, 2005

  2. POLILOP

    Patrice Guest

    What have you tried ?

    Generally you have use to use the Form collection that is provided by the
    upload component (as the component takes care of "parsing" the whole input
    stream) instead of using the "native" Request.Form collection.

    --
    Patrice

    "POLILOP" <fmatosic@@inet.hr> a écrit dans le message de
    > I have a form (which is multipart/form-data) it has a file field and a
    > select.
    > When i submit this form i can get the file but i can't get the value of

    the

    Patrice, Nov 14, 2005

  3. POLILOP

    Guest

    You'll want to check the documentation of your particular file
    uploading component or class about how to refer to regular form fields
    as the usual syntax would not work (as you already found out). Usually
    there is a syntax that can be used instead of the usual
    Request.Form(...). And this assumes that you already have this added
    into the form tag: enctype="multipart/form-data"

    So for example instead of something like this:
    LName = Request.Form("LName")

    With the ASP File Upload Using VBScript by John R. Lewis you'd want to
    use syntax like this:
    LName = objFileUpload.Form.Item("LName")

    Best regards,
    J. Paul Schmidt, Freelance Web and Database Developer
    http://www.Bullschmidt.com
    Access Database Sample, Web Database Sample, ASP Design Tips

    , Nov 14, 2005
  4. POLILOP

    POLILOP Guest

    Nice i found it thx