Multiple Application Membership/Profiles in SQLServer?

dgk

I've got an app that's using SQLServer to store the membership and
profile data, in the Aspnetdb database. Now I'm going to be adding
another app and I'm concerned about using the same database. They will
each have different application names but I think it's probably better
to have completely different databases. The aspnet_regsql utility has
an option for creating a different database.

I guess it's best to use two different databases then? Any
considerations?

Cowboy \(Gregory A. Beamer\)

Either direction is fine. If you are going to have multiple apps in one DB,
I would have the database as a Membership only database (you can add
profile, etc., but no custom tables0.

If you want to create multiple dbs (one for each app), that is fine also.
Just run the script on each DB.

dgk

Either direction is fine. If you are going to have multiple apps in one DB,
I would have the database as a Membership only database (you can add
profile, etc., but no custom tables0.

If you want to create multiple dbs (one for each app), that is fine also.
Just run the script on each DB.

Thanks, I ended up going the multiple db route. I think that doing
stuff like updating my PC from production or moving the stuff to a
home PC is just going to be a nightmare with multiple apps in one db.

I see no downside in just having a separate db for each app.