Multiple Authentication Modes

Discussion in 'ASP .Net Security' started by Gaurav Vaish, Oct 15, 2004.

  1. Gaurav Vaish

    Gaurav Vaish Guest

    Hi,

    How can I accomplish multiple authentication modes in one application?

    I have the following scenario:

    - A company, X, has some employees
    - Those on rolls have an AD account
    - Those not, have an account that's managed in a separate DB

    - I want AD (NTLM/Windows) authentication as well as Forms
    authentication. How can I accomplish this?

    Is it possible to create an httpModule and then... based on some
    conditions, delegate the requests to the NTLM / Forms login-handlers?

    I would like to expand this to allow multiple modes -- which may get
    complex later (with a few more custom modes added in) ...

    --

    Happy Hacking,
    Gaurav Vaish
    Gaurav Vaish, Oct 15, 2004

  2. Hi Gaurav,

    I have just written an article that describes exactly how to do what you
    want.

    Its still awaiting publishing approval before being made public, but I'd be
    happy to forward it to you to help you out. If interested, contact me at
    -NOSPAM. Obviously remove the "-NOSPAM" from my email
    address.

    --
    - Paul Glavich
    Microsoft MVP - ASP.NET

    "Gaurav Vaish" <> wrote in
    message news:...

    Paul Glavich [MVP - ASP.NET], Oct 17, 2004

  3. Gaurav Vaish

    Gaurav Vaish Guest

    Thanks, Paul, for your reply.

    Kindly check your mail.

    --

    Happy Hacking,
    Gaurav Vaish

    "Paul Glavich [MVP - ASP.NET]" <-NOSPAM> wrote in
    message news:...

    Gaurav Vaish, Oct 18, 2004