Multiple Authentication Modes

Gaurav Vaish

Hi,

How can I accomplish multiple authentication modes in one application?

I have the following scenario:

- A company, X, has some employees
- Those on rolls have an AD account
- Those not, have an account that's managed in a separate DB

- I want AD (NTLM/Windows) authentication as well as Forms
authentication. How can I accomplish this?

Is it possible to create an httpModule and then... based on some
conditions, delegate the requests to the NTLM / Forms login-handlers?

I would like to expand this to allow multiple modes -- which may get
complex later (with a few more custom modes added in) ...

--

Happy Hacking,
Gaurav Vaish

Paul Glavich [MVP - ASP.NET]

Hi Gaurav,

I have just written an article that describes exactly how to do what you
want.

Its still awaiting publishing approval before being made public, but I'd be
happy to forward it to you to help you out. If interested, contact me at
(e-mail address removed)-NOSPAM. Obviously remove the "-NOSPAM" from my email
address.

Gaurav Vaish

Thanks, Paul, for your reply.

Kindly check your mail.