Multiple authentication schemes

Rasmus Oudal Edberg

Hi,

I am currently using a ASP.NET CMS system(umbraco.org) which
uses forms authentication.
The forms authentication is used to allow editing of pages etc.
Now i would like to use another scheme
(perhaps forms, or webservice) in the some custom controls I am
creating. The reason I would like to do this is that these controls
are going to connect to a backend system with another userdatabase.

So in short terms, how can I use multible authentication schemes in
an ASP.NET application?

Regards,

Rasmus Oudal Edberg

Shaun Wilde

Hi

Yes it is possible. We have a system were users can use client certificates
or username/password to be authenticated. We use forms authentication for
both. Once we have authenticated the user we create a standard cookie using
FormsAuthentication.SetAuthCookie and then treat all authenticated users the
same after that point ie determining permisssions based on the information in
that cookie.

Shaun