multiple calls to show doesnot work for matplotlib

Discussion in 'Python' started by Ravikanth, Jul 6, 2011.

  1. Ravikanth

    Ravikanth Guest

    Hi,

    I am facing some problem. I have made multiple calls to show()
    function in a sinlge program. as below. Before the first call I
    plotted x vs y . then i called show. execution halted until i closed
    the window. Once I closed the window, execution again progressed and
    even passed second show(), but the dispaly did not appear.

    Can anyone please suggest me how to go about solving this issue.

    from pylab import *
    from matplotlib import pyplot as p
    import scipy
    import pylab as pl
    import matplotlib.pyplot as plt
    fig=pl.figure()
    ax=fig.add_subplot(111)
    x=arange(10)
    y=x*2
    ax.plot(x,y)
    show()

    print 'passed the border'
    x=arange(10)
    y=sin(x)
    ax.plot(x,y)
    show()
    print 'passed the second show'

    Thanks
    Ravikanth

    Ravikanth, Jul 6, 2011

  2. Ravikanth wrote:

    > Hi,
    >
    > I am facing some problem.

    Yes, we heard you the first two times, there's no need to keep repeating the
    question over and over again.

    There is no Service Level Agreement for guaranteed response times for free
    advice over the Internet. Be patient, and hopefully somebody with an answer
    to your question will respond once they have read the question. Wait AT
    LEAST a day before reposting the question.

    In the meantime, you might like to Read the Fine Manual, which explains
    everything you need to know about using show().

    http://matplotlib.sourceforge.net/faq/howto_faq.html#use-show

    Does that answer your question?

    --
    Steven

    Steven D'Aprano, Jul 7, 2011

  3. Ravikanth

    Ravikanth Guest

    On Jul 6, 6:15 pm, Steven D'Aprano <steve
    > wrote:
    > Ravikanth wrote:
    > > Hi,

    > > I am facing some problem.

    > Yes, we heard you the first two times, there's no need to keep repeating the
    > question over and over again.
    >
    > There is no Service Level Agreement for guaranteed response times for free
    > advice over the Internet. Be patient, and hopefully somebody with an answer
    > to your question will respond once they have read the question. Wait AT
    > LEAST a day before reposting the question.
    >
    > In the meantime, you might like to Read the Fine Manual, which explains
    > everything you need to know about using show().
    >
    > http://matplotlib.sourceforge.net/faq/howto_faq.html#use-show
    >
    > Does that answer your question?
    >
    > --
    > Steven

    Hi Steven,

    I do understand that posting several times causes trouble. I did not
    see my post appear on the groups over in the groups site even after
    like 15 mints after posting. I thought I was posting it incorrectly.

    Thank you for your link. I will look through it.
    Regards,
    Ravikanth

    Ravikanth, Jul 7, 2011