Multiple column repeaters

Iain

I'd like to have a repeater (like) control which may have 1, 2, 3 or more
columns to be decided either at run time or design time (each with a
potentially complex layout).

As far as I can see, I can't do it. There's no events which I can use to
instert a </TR> every n items in the databinding.

Obviously, I could write my own databound control, but I'd rather avoid it.

Any ideas?

Iain

Marina

You can make the <TD> tags invisible based on whatever criteria, that way,
if the 3rd column needed to not be visible, every 3rd tag would be set to be
invisible.

But, have you considered using a datagrid? It sounds like you have a table
like structure, and the datagrid is somewhat easier to work with.

Iain

Thanks for your reply, Marina.

As I inderstand it a datagrid is no good for me - What I want is to have
(say) 3 database rows in columns side by side and under those 3 more rows
and so on. So I'm populating the (HTML) table across and down.

AFAIK the datagrid only allows one database row per table row.

I was also unclear what you meant by
way,
if the 3rd column needed to not be visible, every 3rd tag would be set to
be
invisible.

Are you saying there is some way in the template I can choose to emit or not
emit a tag?

Iain