    users can use the
    desktop search utility to find each image.

    what is meant by a JDK/JRE image???

    Goha, Nov 14, 2007

  2. Goha

    Lew Guest

    Goha wrote:
    > I am currently installing the DST patch to the server and then
    > instructions say:
    >

    > It is possible for systems to accrete multiple copies of JDK/JRE
    > images, so you might need to
    > apply the tool individually to each JDK/JRE image. Microsoft Windows
    > users can use the
    > desktop search utility to find each image.
    >

    > what is meant by a JDK/JRE image???

    In this context, "image" means "installation".

    If you have installed Java in more than one location on the computer, and the
    Java versions are too old to have the right DST logic (a little late on that,
    are we?), you will need to apply the patch to each installation of Java that
    needs it.

    Current versions of Java shouldn't need it.

    --
    Lew

    Lew, Nov 14, 2007