Multiple copies of perl

rashmiek

Hi,

I am struck with a problem.I have a perl script that takes UART port
number as a command line input. Using this input the same perl script
will have to be run on different hardware platforms.
Basically, I want to execute multiple copies of the same perl script.
Not sure how to achieve this.
I would appreciate if anyone can reply to this.

Thanks & Regards,
Rash

Ben Morrow

Quoth (e-mail address removed):
I am struck with a problem.I have a perl script that takes UART port
number as a command line input. Using this input the same perl script
will have to be run on different hardware platforms.

You can do cross-platform serial port stuff with Win32::SerialPort and
Device::SerialPort.
Basically, I want to execute multiple copies of the same perl script.
Not sure how to achieve this.

Err... fork?

I don't understand what you are asking for. Please specify your problem
more clearly.

Ben

anno4000

Ben Morrow said:
Quoth (e-mail address removed):

You can do cross-platform serial port stuff with Win32::SerialPort and
Device::SerialPort.

Err... fork?

I don't understand what you are asking for. Please specify your problem
more clearly.

The phrase "run on different hardware platforms" makes me think of
something like

cat script.pl | ssh user@machine perl - arg1 arg2

which has little Perl content.

Oh the joy of guessing what a badly-put question may mean while the
putter has long moved on...

Anno