    Thanks & Regards,
    Rash
    , Aug 22, 2006

  2. Ben Morrow Guest

    Quoth :

    > I am struck with a problem.I have a perl script that takes UART port
    > number as a command line input. Using this input the same perl script
    > will have to be run on different hardware platforms.

    You can do cross-platform serial port stuff with Win32::SerialPort and
    Device::SerialPort.

    > Basically, I want to execute multiple copies of the same perl script.
    > Not sure how to achieve this.

    Err... fork?

    I don't understand what you are asking for. Please specify your problem
    more clearly.

    Ben

    --
    "Awww, I'm going to miss her."
    "Don't you hate her?"
    Ben Morrow, Aug 22, 2006

  3. -berlin.de Guest

    Ben Morrow <> wrote in comp.lang.perl.misc:

    > Quoth :
    > >
    > > I am struck with a problem.I have a perl script that takes UART port
    > > number as a command line input. Using this input the same perl script
    > > will have to be run on different hardware platforms.

    > You can do cross-platform serial port stuff with Win32::SerialPort and
    > Device::SerialPort.
    >
    > > Basically, I want to execute multiple copies of the same perl script.
    > > Not sure how to achieve this.

    > Err... fork?
    >
    > I don't understand what you are asking for. Please specify your problem
    > more clearly.

    The phrase "run on different hardware platforms" makes me think of
    something like

    cat script.pl | ssh user@machine perl - arg1 arg2

    which has little Perl content.

    Oh the joy of guessing what a badly-put question may mean while the
    putter has long moved on...

    Anno
    -berlin.de, Aug 24, 2006