    deflater? I know I can set it...

    Thanks,

    ~S
    Shea Martin, Aug 16, 2005

  2. Shea Martin

    Shea Martin Guest

    Shea Martin wrote:
    > As an academic exercise I am writing a multi-threaded program, in which
    > each thread uses a Deflater on the same file.
    >
    > I am pretty sure that I can't just start reading at different offsets
    > with each deflater. I assume I need a method of sharing the state of
    > then first deflater. Is there a way I can get the dictionary from a
    > deflater? I know I can set it...
    >
    > Thanks,
    >
    > ~S

    Even some notes on how to come up with my own dictionary would work
    well. I understand the theory behind a dicitonary, just not the format
    used in the byte buffer passed to setDicitonary().

    ~S
    Shea Martin, Aug 16, 2005

  3. Shea Martin

    Shea Martin Guest

    Shea Martin wrote:

    > Shea Martin wrote:
    >> As an academic exercise I am writing a multi-threaded program, in which
    >> each thread uses a Deflater on the same file.
    >>
    >> I am pretty sure that I can't just start reading at different offsets
    >> with each deflater. I assume I need a method of sharing the state of
    >> then first deflater. Is there a way I can get the dictionary from a
    >> deflater? I know I can set it...
    >>
    >> Thanks,
    >>
    >> ~S

    > Even some notes on how to come up with my own dictionary would work
    > well. I understand the theory behind a dicitonary, just not the format
    > used in the byte buffer passed to setDicitonary().
    >
    > ~S

    I found that the dictionary is no special format, just raw data, that
    compression algorithm indexes occurrences of.

    ~SSSS
    Shea Martin, Aug 17, 2005