Multiple delete with Datagrid in .NET 1.1... help please

Guest

Hi everyone,
I'd like to enable users to select/mark multiple rows (records) in my
datagrid for deletion. I have provided a checkbox column with a checkbox in
the header for "Select All" option. The select actions are done on clientside
(javascript).
My datagrid allows for custom paging. I found out before that paging fails
whenever i click on the "..." after the numeric page numbers to go to the
"hidden' pages while I have the grid's EnableViewState=True property set. I
had to get around this, as suggested by someone on this forum is to keep the
grid's EnableViewState=True but disable the viewstate at the Row level (in
ItemDataBound event). That worked fine but now i face another brick wall, as
a result, is that because the grid's view state has been set to "off" at the
rows level, no data is retained at postback so when it comes to find out
which row has been selected/marked for deletion and obtain its corresponding
ID (value stored in a hidden column), it isn't there!

Has anyone came across this sort of scenario and possibly a solution?
Any suggestion is greatly appreciated as always.

Calvin